Tuesday 4 October 2011

A Cursory Update

So, short post. First of all, I've changed the email address associated with my blog. I'd originally signed up on Fresher's week using my brand-spanking unimail address, but I'd like to move away from that and towards a more permanent, perhaps more professional, address, ali.mn.aljamri@gmail.com. That brings about a few changes - due to the cumbersome path of changing emails on blogspot, I now need a new mugshot and according to the website, I haven't contributed to any of the articles on the blog. And since I deleted my old unimail-based account as an admin, I suppose that means I now have to go through and re-follow everyone with my new one. Silly stuff, but hopefully there's more changes under way - positive ones. Besides this trivial matter, I've ordered Chris's Tabloid Nation and hope to dig into that. I'd almost entirely forgotten about the HCJ2 reading, such is the workload of WINOL. And I still haven't balanced reading for HCJ and researching for WINOL and myself. I'm still getting used to 2nd year, though I'm beginning to get into the flow of things. I don't want to sound too optimistic though - don't want to sound stupid if my story falls through in the next few days and I make a fool out of myself.

On another note, I've been reading some of the 1st year blogs (went through and subscribed to most of them earlier tonight), and there's some interesting stuff there. Will definitely be reading them more to catch up on law and such. I was going to leave individual comments but would've begun repeating myself if I had - overall, good stuff, but you guys should watch your punctuation, spelling and presentation. There's a couple wear's instead of where's, there's instead of their's, uncapitalised first-person 'I's, and a few badly-spaced blogposts that come out as walls of text, impossible to read on a screen. And update often! I'm more than happy to trawl the blogs and leave comments, but that (hopefully constructive) criticism needed to be said, though how many of you will even see this blog is another matter.

As for me, I'm off to dig into Hampshire: The County Magazine, The Countryman and other such magazines. Excitement abounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment