Sunday 22 May 2011

Rebooting

I haven't blogged in a while. I've been following the happenings of the Middle East - the 'Arab Spring' as the media has taken to call it, though I'm not a fan of the name - since Egypt erupted in mid-January. Most of all I've been obsessing over the events of Bahrain, which have only gone from bad to worse in the last two months. The last five months have been mentally draining, and I've needed a break away from it all.

This post is nothing more than me dipping my toe to test the water. The 'dive' as such will come later. So for now, while I revise for the upcoming exams, I'll leave you with this. It's an interview from two days ago, between PBS and my dad, who's been damaged by the government crackdown as so many others have, and more succinctly describes the issues than I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment